Evaluating strategic approaches & striving for consistency
24th & 25th July 2018, SMC Conference & Function Centre, Sydney
Growing populations and diverse cultures are increasing service demands and highlighting challenging regulatory issues for local governments. Inconsistency towards regulation and enforcement creates headaches internally and confusion for communities. A more strategic and consistent approach is needed to deliver effective outcomes and ultimately reduce non-compliance.
This inaugural forum for local government will examine strategic approaches to regulatory compliance. Strategies will be evaluated and successes measured. The forum will provide a platform to discuss how the sector as a whole can strive for consistency. High-level strategic themes will be tackled so that lessons can be applied across all compliance divisions within local government.
Key Conference Learnings:
● Deliver regulatory strategy whilst meeting community expectations
● Overcome the challenges of regulating growing & diverse communities
● Evaluate strategic approaches & define measures of success
● Strive for standardised & consistent approaches to regulation
● Hear from international best practice examples towards local government regulation
● Implement a strategic problem-solving approach to regulatory challenges